Dev-PHP2.ig: Installing the Debugger
- 1 1 - Step by step installation
1 - Step by step installation
This came from a thread in one of forums (fora ?) [here]
1.1 - Download
- Download Dev-PHP - of course, we recommend the last version.
- Download [Xdebug]
- Download and / or install the corresponding version of [PHP]
1.2 - Install PHP and Dev-PHP ;)
1.3 - Connect Dev-PHP and PHP
- Run Dev-PHP
- Create a new project (in short : a new directory)
- Create a new file 'index.php' containing
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Menu Option » General options...
- Select the third tab on the appearing window
- Fill in the pathname of php_cgi.exe and optionally php.ini (if php.ini is in the same folder as php_cgi.exe there's no need to fill it)
- Select the fifth tab (Web-server)
- Check the port number of the local server (usually 8080) and the server timeout (usually 10000)
- Click on the Ok button
- Click on the second tab (Internal preview) of the main window of Dev-PHP, or press <F9>
1.4 - Copy the file php_xdebug.dll in the "./ext" directory of PHP
1.5 - Edit the PHP.ini (connect PHP and Xdebug)
- Menu Options » General Options
- Select the last tab (Debugger)
- Click on the button 'Set debugger entries'
this will add a section called xdebug, initialized with the values set in the tab don't modify the "idekey" option, because it's hard-coded at this time
- Click on the button 'Ok'
- Menu Options » Edit PHP.ini
- Set the key 'extension_dir', near line 500, for instance :
extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\dev-php2\php\ext\"
- Set the zend extension, near line 610, for instance :
- Save the file PHP.ini
- Click on the index.php tab
- Click on the internal preview tab
One should see the phpinfo results with something like
- with Xdebug v2.0.0beta6-dev, Copyright (c) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, by Derick Rethans just after the copyright of Zend Technologies.
- then, near the middle of the results, all the settings for Xdebug.